Monday, June 2, 2014

Timelines and Plans

We have our official Embassy date: June 10th at 1pm!  We will leave for Addis on Saturday morning and arrive Sunday evening.  We have lodging booked at the same guest house we stayed the first time. I am excited to see our hosts, Yeshi and Ephrim again, and I look forward to Yeshi's good cooking!

I began a countdown for our Embassy date.  You can see it <<here>>.

In the mean time, we have lists to make, kid clothes to unpack and repack, suitcases to fill with donations, and lots and lots of decisions to make.  I'm sure I'll spaz out a few times in the coming week, but at the moment I'm doing pretty good.  Philip and I are going on a date tonight to make lists and figure out what needs to happen.

We've been blessed by SO MANY friends offering to help.  Truly, I am so thankful for the support I can call on as we walk through this birthing process.  I have a house sitter lined up, as well as someone coming to raid my garden so the produce doesn't go to waste.  There are a number of other things that we'll delegate as well, so don't be surprised if you get a call!

Sunday, Philip made mention of some requests we have regarding our friends and family interacting with the kiddos.  This is just a temporary precaution as they adjust to life here and learn to be secure in their new family.  We will let you know when these considerations no longer apply.

  • Please do not initiate physical contact with the kids.  They are adorably cute, and their cheeks begged to be pinched and their hair begs to be touched, but please refrain.
  • Please do not pick them up or ask to hold or hug them. 
  • Instead of hugs, we may practice "high-fives" or "knuckles" for a while.
  • Please allow us to be the ones to give the kids food and water.  They need to know that Mommy and Daddy are the ones to provide for them.
  • Please do come over, but please text us first to see if it is a good time.
  • Please plan to stay only a few minutes (10-15).  If kiddos (and Mommy) are doing well, we may invite you to stay longer.  

Again, thank you all for your continued prayer, love, and support.  We will keep the blog as updated as possible (Ethiopia has inconsistent power and internet access).  Feel free to ask any questions!

Love, Philip and Anna




1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! We also just found out our court date for ninalization, its July 18 :)
    I will definitely be praying for you as you adjust to being mommy and daddy with your kiddos in your arms. I know you will both be great parents! You guys are so caring and and thoughtful and lovingly plan and prepare all the details. Our Heavenly Father is with you every step of the way, I know He will give you the wisdom that you need to be the mommy and daddy your kids need. <3 <3 <3 you!!!! ~~Rebeca

    ReplyDelete