Friday, March 2, 2018

Arnold Goes To Disney, Day 3

Whew!  A day not packed with craziness and flashing lights and screaming children.  I really needed a rest day today.  Today was a mini-road trip down to where the Ma'Bee used to live down in San Diego area.

So nice of them to take care of me
I left with my humans shorty after breakfast (which was once again really good).  We drove down to this place called Balboa Park.  I guess it held a lot of sentimental value to Ma'Bee.  She worked there at one point, and had other big memories there.  It really was pretty, and I could have crawled around there for quite some time.  It was full of old architecture and cool plants.  If I could have walked faster and spent more time there, I'm sure I would have found some turtles like me.  (Well, not like me, since I'm a sea turtle and this isn't the sea.  But, ya know, turtles.)

In an artisan section at Balboa Park

I really loved seeing all these plants!
I bet they would have tasted good, too.
We did get to go to a regular play structure there.  I didn't participate, thankfully.  There were too many kiddos there for my comfort.  I might have gotten stepped on.  But my human kiddos seemed to  enjoy getting wiggles out.
See?  The architecture is really cool!

I rode an elephant!!!!!

I do prefer my feet firmly planted on the ground.
But at least water was involved in this.
I like water.
After that, we went to Ponce's Restaurant.  Oh my goodness, if I liked Mexican food, I would eat here every day!  As a turtle, I don't like Mexican food.  But my humans couldn't say enough good things about this place.  Once again, it held sentimental value to Ma'Bee, and I can see why.  It was amazing.

Human bliss at Ponce's


There was also the house that Ma'Bee lived in for a while.  We enjoyed seeing that too.  I don't think the occupant of that house was nearly as excited to see us, but he graciously entertained us a few minutes before we went on our way.
The house of the older human

Food that Jayce was really excited about

These are two of my favorite humans!
I'm glad they like each other.

Jayce said he liked seeing the pipes on the side of the road.  Anya said she liked seeing the pretty colors in Miss Charity's hair.

I really loved snuggling and looking at books.

Miss Charity and Anya playing "Go Fish"
Why don't they name games after turtles?
I'm sure "Go Turtle" would be just as fun,
even if a little slower.
Oh, yes, we did stop at the Mama's friend's house this evening.  Well, "stopped" is a kind word.  We basically crashed at Charity and Nicole's house, in all our discombobulated glory, and decompressed after a busy few days.  There were books to read, some craft projects to do, a delicious dinner to eat, and tickles and snuggles.  It was a nice change of pace. There was even a temperamental puppy dog there that looked sweet but needed an attitude adjustment.  I was afraid for a few minutes that I would  be used as a chew toy.  However, all is well, and I am safe.

The cute looking renegade dog that
mercifully did not use me as a chew and shake toy.

Once we got back to the hotel this evening, I got a special stop at the front desk.  The poor ladies behind the desk eyed me skeptically, but the Mama prevailed and got materials to make me an ID bracelet for tomorrow.  It has my name on it, and a string of numbers that somehow connect me to my human's phone.

I am not sure how it works, but the Mama seemed pleased with her efforts and feels more comfortable taking me back to Disneyland tomorrow.  She said that it was "in case Arnold crawls away again."  However, let the record show, I did not crawl away.  I was left.  And the stupid bracelet itches.  But hopefully I only need to endure it for 2 more days and then I'll be back home.

With relaxation and itchiness,
Arnold








No comments:

Post a Comment