Friday, March 2, 2018

Arnold Goes To Disney, Day 2

Well, I experienced Disneyland!  With small humans.  Wow, what a ride! Literally!  And, I learned something: I LOVE rollercoasters!  Oh my goodness, I get all the feelings of actually flying, but for a short period of time, and I am still connected to the ground somehow.  This is totally the best!  I wasn't even bored!

I ate fruit!

We all slept until almost 8am today.  I woke up on my back, still, of course.  I mean, I'm a turtle.  I can't flip myself over.  And Jayce was pretty unconscious until his mama woke him up.

I snuck coffee.  It was delicious.

The breakfast here was really really good!  I couldn't participate in the eggs and bacon and pancakes and hash browns, but I did steal a few bites of the fruit.  And, when the mama wasn't looking, I sipped some coffee too.

I am not in this picture.
But aren't those shirts cool?!?
Have your own made at
Tisa's Pieces!

but I am in this picture!
At least, my butt is.

Getting to the park was a bit crazy.  Large parking lots and shuttle busses and people searching bags.  But once we got in, the real craziness started.  Lines for everything.  I would really hate to be back during a peak season.  It was hard enough for a little turtle like me to get around.  Too many more people and I am quite sure I would be miserable.

Toontown! I rode my first roller coaster here.
I LOVE roller coasters!
The kiddos really liked the "It's a Small World" ride.  Well, Anya adored all the music.  Neither were particularly fond of the Pinocchio ride.  They liked roller coasters, too!  We started them out on a small one in Toontown.  Once that was a success, we took them on the Thunder Mountain Railroad.  They got off the ride with sparkling eyes and all kinds of giggles.

The Ma'Bee eventually warmed up to my presence.
She even talked to me after a while.
I think she has adapted to the idea that I am a
valuable member of this adventure.
Anya said her favorite part of today was meeting Micky Mouse.  I didn't get in the picture.  My green would have upset the color coordination.  Or, so I assume, since I wasn't invited into the picture.

I really enjoyed watching this picture take place.
Jayce
Anya was skeptical at first, and
asked "Do we HAVE to take pictures
with Mickey??" but it became
her favorite part or the day!

Jayce liked the mellow train ride around the park.  The boy does like trains.

My favorite part was seeing more turtles on the Finding Nemo submarine ride.  I don't often get to see others of my kind, so that was a treat.  They looked really friendly!

Evidently this princess used to live where
I came from. Not sure how she traded in her
flippers for actual feet, but I'm glad
it worked out for her.
Oh, the worst: I was left.  I literally was left on the spinning teacup ride.  All alone.  It was awful.

Thankfully, the next kiddos that came along recognized me as something special, and turned me into the staff that take care of the ride.  Evidently, my absence caused quite a stir among my humans.  They were jumping up and down when they saw me and held me very tightly for the rest of the evening.  I was really really glad to see them.  It was scary not to be able to talk and ask for help.

Cinderella.  If the gesture would
have been recognizable, I
would have gotten down on one knee
for this lady!

Kiddos are all asleep now, and I am snuggled with Anya tonight.  She isn't using me as a pillow, which is really nice.  And, I'm on my tummy, which is even better.

Snow White
With comfort,
Arnold









No comments:

Post a Comment