Sunday, June 26, 2016

Brazil, Nerves, and Kiddos - Day 1

Baby Girl gonna miss her Daddy!
Welp, it happened today.  Philip left for 2 weeks in Brazil.  He began to help plan this trip about a year go.  It seemed like so long ago then! I said, "Sure!  Go to Brasil!  I'll be fine!"  What was I thinking?!?  This is going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life.  Not only is Philip gone, but Anastasia is also!  I haven't slept for 2 nights, and was so dizzy and woozy today that I had to lay down.  My stomach has been in a knot for days.

The day has arrived, and I've cried about 4 times already.  He is on a plane with about 14 or so others from our church to go to Sao Paulo to work with kids and youth in schools, sports ministry, and churches.  They made it to their layover in NY, and are currently headed South.

A few things I'm excited about:

  • PHILIP GETS TO SEE HADSON!!!!!  God graciously allowed a number of things to line up so that he can take a few days away from the team to travel to Fortaleza.  Our friends, Julio and Kristina, are picking him up and allowing him to stay at their house.  I am so grateful for their willingness to help and flexibility.  I can. not. wait. for Hadson and Philip to be reunited after 8 years.  Trust me, there will be a post about that, and hopefully a ton of pictures to share!
  • This is the first time either Philip or I have returned to a place we have previously been on a missions trip.  We have been blessed to travel to many places, but we have never been able to return to see friends we have met along the way.
  • Philip and the team get to work with Juca and Rosemary, friends that have blessed our church over the years as they serve God.  Juca and Rosemary have been in our home and loved on our kiddos.  I am so glad that Philip can be there to serve them in Brasil.
  • Anastasia can spend more time with the folks at our church.  It's been hard to for her to build relationships with others at church when she is primarily at school and only home for short periods of time.  I'm grateful for this time where those relationships can develop and grow.
A few things I'm grateful for:
  • Philip can text while he's in Brasil, which will be wonderful for both the kids and me.
  • Friends and family that are helping me out while Philip and Stasia are away.
  • The prayers and support of others.  I can feel God strengthening me and giving me graciousness. 

The team at the airport

A few things I'm NOT excited about:
  • Being away from my husband for 2 weeks! This is the longest we have been apart since we got married 10 years ago.
  • With the two kiddos, I'm single-parenting for a while.
  • Missing Philip.
  • The kiddos don't get to see their Daddy for 2 weeks.  We are a bit apprehensive what this will do to their connection with their dad.  Will his absence damage their relationship?  Not sure.
  • Everything without Philip

Our chart, trying to visualize when Daddy will come home

Chilling, decorating our chart

Not a fan of Daddy leaving



Stasia sent me this pic from their flight








No comments:

Post a Comment