Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Much Better, Thank You

Hey, so thanks for bearing with me through my last post- I realize it was rather emotional.  I truly appreciate all the love and care shown me, and I kinda had to chuckle at the moms who had similar meltdowns before their first kiddos arrived.  I guess I'm not as abnormal as I originally thought. But, while the gist of the emotions are still in effect, the rationale has taken over again and I am much more confident that I (and my husband and children!) will survive this parenthood adventure by the grace of God alone.

Flowers that a friend sent me to make me smile!

Update on our adoption status:

I received an e-mail this morning regarding the progress (or lack thereof)  with our case at the US Embassy.  In fact, while our paperwork was received December 26th, the Embassy has not begun to process or review it.  They had no estimate as to when this would take place, just that cases were processed in the order in which they were received.  So, please pray with us that things would speed up a little!  

Our adoption puzzle, 77.4% full

We are at 77.4% completion of our adoption puzzle!  I'm so excited to have gotten this far and have funds available for our upcoming airfare expenses.  Many thanks to those of you who have participated in it!  Hopefully I can finish that up soon and get it in a frame.

I've been so blessed by some kiddo-showers hosted by some dear friends!  The love poured out to my kids has been so wonderful.  Here are a few pics of that...

My mommy (with a friend's daughter) praying for my kiddos

Beautiful ladies!
I finished my scrapbook of our Ethiopia trip!
650 pictures- whew!

A friend was gracious and opened her home

Jungle-themed munchies

Hahaha!  I love that I had "lion food" at my shower :)

Please continue to keep us in your prayers.  I'm not expecting to travel at the end of the month anymore, though that would be really nice.  I trust that God knows what He is doing, and has it all in the palm of His hand.  Indeed, He has proven that His timing is truly perfect over and over.  In the mean time, I can't commit to much and life is on hold.  

People ask me if I'm excited?  Well, YES!... punctuated by moments of stark terror.  But there is more excitement than terror.  Besides, who could possibly be worried when they had lion kibble at their shower??

No comments:

Post a Comment