Friday, November 29, 2013

Home :)

In a nutshell, we're home! As happy and comfortable as we were in Africa, it is good to be in our own home.  It was a novelty to be able to flush toilet paper again, and I had to think about putting my toothbrush under the faucet when brushing my teeth.

Before we left Ethiopia, our guest house had a coffee ceremony for us.
Roasting coffee
Coffee ceremony
In the airport in DC, headed home in Thanksgiving day
Our flight from Addis to DC was long, but there was an extra seat next to us, so I was able to lay down to sleep.  The flight from DC home was practically torture- after traveling so long, it seemed to stretch on forever.  My father in law and brother in law met us at the airport, and mom came to bring us home.  She had cooked a full thanksgiving dinner for us, and had it ready minutes after we walked in the door.
Mommy-made Thanksgiving dinner, with suitcases
Also, when we got home, I was met by an incredibly clean house (the elves even vacuumed my stairs...) and framed "maternity" pictures and pics of my kids all over the place.
Elves' work in my house
AND, I got a big box from my best friend in New York-- she put together a bunch of little packages for me to open whenever I'm especially missing my kiddos.

So, yeah, my friends pretty much rock.

Now begins the very last waiting phase in this whole process.  I'll keep y'all updated as things unfold.  Thanks for following our family!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this incredible journey with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your journey. I am so thankful that the Lord has seen fit to entrust you with 2 of His special children. You are indeed richly blessed

    ReplyDelete