He was not saying we had made a mistake in adoption or we should go find other kids that we could bring home faster because these kids weren’t worth waiting for. If he had implied that, I might have had some choice words for him.
He was asking, I think, if our adoption had gone belly-up and we were stuck with a huge financial loss and no kiddos to show for it. I think he was also asking if we might have done things differently if we had the option.
NO. This is not the case at all.
Ok, I admit, this process has taken twice as long as we ever dreamed. It has had more headaches and frustrations than I had thought possible. Yes, we are temporarily delayed again in this process. Yes, I have been pretty upset and emotional and impatient and annoyed and antsy.
Please hear me:
WE HAVE NO REGRETS.
I do not wish we had made other decisions. I do not wish we could bail out and choose a different family-building strategy. I do not wish that somehow we had different kiddos that would come home sooner. I do not believe that we made a mistake in this. Life is on-hold and different, and there will be enormous challenges in the near future, but that’s ok. This is right. These kiddos are ours. There are no amount of delays that will change that.
Our fingerprint appointment has been scheduled for the 12th, the birth moms’ interviews are on the 19th. Our fingerprint officer says there is a good chance she can get our fingerprints to Ethiopia on or before the 19th, so after the 19th we will just be waiting for any subsequent paperwork that needs re-translation or updated dates or whatever. So, in a nutshell, we will positively not be traveling until sometime after the 19th.
Thanks for your patience and prayers as we are in the finishing stages of this process!
"Strangely Dim" a song by Francesca Battistelli that encouraged me this week: