|Tiny shoes for our son!|
First of all, please, please pray that we will be assigned a court date before the courts close on August 6th. If we are not assigned a court date before then, it will be after the courts reopen in early October, which would push everything in our process back a few months and our first trip would be November or later. Now, God does indeed know what He is doing, but I think it would be better for all parties involved to travel in October. Just sayin’. :) In the meantime, I’m checking my e-mail more frequently in hopes of a message from our agency!
A few Mommy-moments:
1. So, “prego-brain” moment of the week: stamping the return address in the upper right corner of the letter. ::fail!:: My sister-in-law commented that I’m not pregnant. Well, I’m not, but I am expecting!!! Therefore, I should be entitled to at least as many “prego-brain” moments as a regular pregnant mom. Right?
|My second nephew being goofy!|
2. I was blessed earlier this week by a car-seat given to us by a friend. It can be rear-facing, front-facing, or even the booster-seat thing! Perfect! It’s even brown!
3. We found a great little consignment store in Boring (yes, there is a town named Boring) with a stack of clothes for $.50 each! I also found some adorable stuff half-off at GoodWill. The nice thing about kiddo clothes is that they are usually barely worn when you get them second-hand. There were even a tiny pair of sport-sandals for our son that were only $2!
|Philip and the most beautiful niece ever!|
4. Today, my brother and sister-in-law and their kiddos came in from Costa Rica. Their youngest is only a month older that our daughter, so needless to say, I eyed her constantly. What kind of things do small people do? How big are they? How on earth do you get them out of their little plastic carrier-thingys? I confess I got slightly choked up holding her. Rrrr!
5. I decided I love “Plan Toys” and “Wonderworld” brand toys.
6. Last week I messaged my friend that does Origami Owl-- (personalized jewelry stuff), and ordered two more little charms corresponding to my kids’ birth months. It feels kinda nice to have my family-necklace all complete! Our kids were born in March and September. I have two more charms for the children we said “yes!” to, and who subsequently changed our lives but are not a part of our family: the baby born last September in Pennsylvania, and the young man (born in October) in Brazil that we fell in love with and who started our whole adoption-quest.
|My kiddos: one born in March, two in September, and one in October|
and initial charms for Philip and I.
So... that’s where things stand at the moment! Thanks for taking the moment to check in and catch up on our little family! :)