Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Change Of One Year

One year ago today, I woke up for the first time to small children in my bed.  Life had upended overnight.  <Here> is my post from the first day that we had custody of the kiddos, and <here> is my post from the first 48 hours.

I'll write soon and try to overview the last year, but in the mean time, here are some "then" and "now" pics.  All the pictures on the left were taken in Ethiopia within the first few days of taking custody.  The pictures on the right were taken in the last 2-3 months.  I didn't specifically choose "worse" and "better" pictures from my files.  I tried to choose similar activities or poses, but my goal is to show the changes that occurred in my kiddos, from their status as "orphan" to "beloved child".


Same pose, but the first is based on loneliness and change,
the second is based on being goofy with Mama.
Anya, Mama and Grand-mom at the orphanage all ready to hop in the van,
contrasted with Anya at her second birthday party!  Maybe she
was upset that she had to wear blue....  Now we know she loves pink.
At the guest house in Addis,
and at my kitchen table playing fireman


Anya has almost grown out of my favorite red dress!  It's neat to see
the change in her from fear to contentment.


Jayce has always been a Little Man


Anya's hair!  It's so beautiful, and I love seeing her dimples.
This one is my favorite.  On the left, Jayce has his "lost little boy" look
that we are familiar with.  On the right, he's all confidence and attitude!
My daughter, still with striped PJs, but a lot happier!

Friends, this is the change that one year can make in the life of a child.  A year of family, nutrition, and love.  There are SO many children on the left side....  Consider allowing God to use you to be a catalyst for change in the life of one made in His image.


Psalm 68:5-6 NIV

"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
is God in his holy dwelling.
God sets the lonely in families,
he leads out the prisoners with singing..."








No comments:

Post a Comment