I debated leaving this post blank, because that's what it feels like-- we know nothing. Ok, it's not that bad. Here is what we do know about our wait time based on our phone-conference with our agency (Dove) this morning:
- Kiddos are not matched with families in the order that the families are waiting. The matching process is more kid-family specific: looking for the right family that fits the right kid. This means that families that have been waiting the longest are not specifically going to be matched before a family that has waited a shorter amount of time.
- There are 40 families with Dove that are currently waiting.
- We have been waiting 9 months for a referral and are on “the bottom half of that list of 40”. Our agency refuses to be more specific.
- There have been only 5 referrals through our agency since the beginning of the year.
- Dove just signed an agreement with another orphanage in Ethiopia, so their hope is that there will be more placements in the semi-near future.
- Changing the perimeters (age, gender, etc) of the kiddo we are requesting may or may not speed up the process.
- We will have to re-do significant portions of our homestudy and dossier because they will expire. Some can be the same or simply refreshed, others must be completely new.
- We still have a God that loves my son even more than I do, and the timing is in His perfect hands.
- God gives strength for each day, but not for the entire process all at once!